Our team is small and flexible, and we interact with a web of trusted collaborators who can assist in driving your projects forward. Our extended team, thus, comprises individuals at both executive and management level, and also bioinformaticians, statisticians, biologists, geneticists, and systems biologists.
HEAD DATA ANALYST
Kevin Blighe, B.Sc. (Hons.), Ph.D., M.B.A. (exp. 2018)
Kevin founded Clinical Bioinformatics in 2015 in London. He has just over 7 years of combined work experience in research and clinical environments and is currently based at Brigham and Women's Hospital / Harvard Medical School (Boston, USA). He is also Biostatistician at MedBiomarkers Group (London, UK) and Non-Executive Director and Scientific Advisor at Biotexcel Limited (Manchester, UK). He previously worked as consultant with a Florida-based bioinformatics consultancy.
His overall experience spreads across Europe, North, and South America. He has training in both the computer and biological sciences, thus allowing him to connect the IT and wet-laboratory worlds. He also has experience in project management and contract acquisition.
Career highlights for Kevin include:
- Highlighting 'dormancy' in breast cancer and deriving panels of blood-based biomarkers
- Leading the implementation of a clinical NGS pipeline in the NHS England that has 100% agreement with Sanger sequencing
- Defining a genetic signature of resistance to severe haemophilia A therapy
- Implementing automated clinical report generation and transmission in LIMS in the NHS England
- Demonstrating the impact of transcription-associated DNA damage on genomic stability in B-cell lymphoma
- Defining histopathotype gene expression signatures in early rheumatoid arthritis
- Identifying molecular predictors of response to Rituximab in B-cell rich and poor populations
Darren Grafham, B.Sc. (Hons.), M.B.A.
In 1995, Darren graduated from Warwick University with a 2:1 class B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biochemistry and continued his studies at Ashcroft International Business School where he obtained his M.B.A. in 2003.
Darren worked for the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute for 17 years and has 20 years genomics experience, overall, with involvement in the Human Genome Project and other large eukaryotic sequencing programmes. Darren has experience in managing large diverse groups of teams both internally and as part of international consortia.
Darren was appointed as Head of Laboratory Services at Sheffield Diagnostic and Genetic Services in 2013. He is responsible for providing management and direction for the integrated cytogentic and molecular genetic laboratory in all aspects of research and development (R & D), next generation sequencing (NGS), diagnostic testing, space, equipment, IT, administration, finance, and infrastructure.
He has most recently successfully implemented NGS in the clinical environment.